Scott Pollock - Bio
Pollock Financial Services Ltd.
We provide the best quality financial solutions to businesses and families by being the most innovative at providing the best client services with proven financial principles.
Scott Pollock - Credentials & Bio
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist, CHS 2012
- Certified Financial Planner, CFP 2010
- Member of Advocis 2006
- President of Pollock Financial Services Ltd. (2005 – current)
- Research Oncology Scientist – Cross Cancer Institute 2000-2005
- Research Scientist – University of Alberta – Crohn’s disease research 1999-2000
- LLQP licensed in Alberta and Saskatchewan 2004
- Graduate of NAIT Biological Sciences 2000
Areas of expertise
- Investment and life insurance planning
- Business planning – group benefits, key person insurance, tax & estate planning
- High net worth portfolio
- Tax minimization and deferral solutions
- Helping families reach their retirement goals
Co-author peer reviewed scientific papers published (2000-2005)
Ultraviolet light exposure triggers nuclear accumulation of p21(WAF1) and accelerated senescence in human normal and nucleotide excision repair-deficient fibroblast strains.
Relationship between the radiosensitizing effect of wortmannin, DNA double-strand break rejoining, and p21WAF1 induction in human normal and tumor-derived cells.
Metabolic labeling of human cells with tritiated nucleosides results in activation of the ATM-dependent p53 signaling pathway and acceleration of DNA repair.
Tobacco-related-compound-induced nitrosative stress injury in the hamster cheek pouch.